Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2012

This is Actually an Exercise Blog

To kick off the summer, and also to give myself something to do (besides the Internet/TV), I've decided to actually exercise. Aka, not bask in my marathon glory but continue to work on my running and on yoga.

So Monday, I dropped off my mother at work and I hit up the dyke for an easy 5k - basically a shakeout run to test my bones after the marathon hurt. Well ... it was creaky. My muscles were stiff-ish and my pace was not great, but it was sunny and beautiful and obviously I was happy I did it. Because duh, you never regret a workout.

Look at that beauty!
Now since I couldn't rope anyone into taking a photo of me, I had to play around with the self-timer. About ... umm ... 20 photos later, I got this gem.


I must've looked a little crazy running around a picnic table in circles, but this self-timer stuff is pretty tricky. It says the picture will be taken in 2 seconds, but that's a total lie, unless the camera is doing 1-supercalifrogaliciousexpialadocious-2-supercalifrogaliciousexpialadocious. Anyways, I wanted a picture and what Anna wants, Anna gets.

Now I WAS planning on running every day and being all super-runner like @SkinnyRunner but I was still feeling creaky so instead I hit up a Yoga for Core class at Steve Nash. I haven't done regular yoga in YEARS (because I always do hot yoga) and I have to say that I did miss the muscle-relaxation and stretching-power that a heated room gives but I still felt really good afterwards.


Really good, but not totally worked out, so I also hit the treadmill and some weights for a bit. I was no Arnold Schwarznegger, but I bossed those 8lb weights, haha. And then I proceeded to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the day. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment