Pages

Thursday 2 August 2012

Last Day in the Netherlands

A lack of planning and a general feeling of exhaustion (man, planning a touristing day is TIRING! After three full days, I really just wanted someone to decide where I should go, and just point me in the right direction), well, they meant that I didn’t really get anywhere on the last day. I wanted to wash my hair and my clothes, and chill out, and catch up on blogging (although the latter didn’t happen … apparently writing and editing my photos is also too exhausting).

Thankfully my host scooped me out of my lethargic state (I think I was starting to watch an episode of Masterchef … on my vacation in Europe – oh, the horror! I’m such an American sometimes). He decided a biking trip was in order to invigorate me, and boy, was he right.


The Netherlands are generally always flat, so when you bike on a dyke, you can see for miles in all directions. My experience was apparently pretty typical - we saw things you would generally expect … cows. More cows. Still more cows.

Oh and horses.


I think I stayed in this place for about 20 minutes, just being a girl and crushing hard on the horses. I was planning on stealing one, but then two of them starting practically mating and the third one ran away to give them some privacy, so I figured it wasn’t a good time.

After about half an hour, we came upon the cutest little cafe on the canal where we ended up having lunch.


Oh, did I mention that lunch was the most ostentatious and luxuriously delicious ice cream sundae ever?

Yea, it’s a hard life, being a tourist in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment