Pages

Thursday 30 August 2012

Pretending to be a Rich Movie Star

After spending all morning at orientation (once again!), I made plans to meet up with my friend from Vancouver, E. She's an Upper West Side resident, so she met me on her turf and showed me around!

Our fun and relaxing afternoon involved (a lot of) window shopping, browsing super expensive stores that neither of us could afford (but hey, isn't it fun to stroke a 1,500$ fur vest sometimes?) and some catching up.

The lovely E sporting a pair of vintage YSL sunglasses.
Flowershop on Columbus.
L'Occitane en Provence.
Rag and Bone, aka Cute and Unaffordable. Also the land of very intently staring sales associates.
Brooks Brothers - the lair of preppy. The wonderful store associate made my day by calling us lovely ladies all the time!
Some very nice home decor store on Broadway.
After a couple of hours, I had to split and hop on the train uptown, but the lovely day certainly woke some fashion cravings in me and I spent the evening thumbing my September issue of In-Style. None of the clothes in there were in the least bit within my price range. I personally think of that as a really great savings strategy. I can't afford them, so I don't buy them - hence, I have more money. Capiche?

No comments:

Post a Comment