Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Because Sometimes, You Just Need a Break

I spent the entire day staring at code today. It only picked up around 5pm, which still left me with 8 hours of just plain old frustrated computer coding beforehand. So I was sooooooo ready for a break by the time evening rolled around.

Thankfully, my friend E is always up for a cafe date. (I should make it a series, really.)






The place was called Jacques Torres cafe on Amsterdam and 73rd (or at least I think that's where it is ... I've been feeling a little loopy lately what with the illness and the staring-at-code-till-my-eyes-bleed). The place is so cute! Seriously, if you're feeling in a chocolate-y mood (and seriously, when wouldn't you be?), you should go here.

I had a classic hot chocolate (coerced by E - but I loved it!). I don't usually have hot chocolate, because I prefer to consume all of my calories in solid form as much as possible, but when somebody peer pressures me, I'm pretty much always likely to cave. Especially to something that basically tasted like melted chocolate having a giant party in my mouth.

I mean, the chocolate ... oh, mah, gawd.

 Oh yea, and there was some nice conversation with E as well ;) It's always great to have someone to just chit chat and do girly stuff with. And speaking of girly ...

Well, we just had to step into Century 21 for a tiny bit of shopping. It didn't hurt that the first floor was devoted to bags, scarves, hats and fur vests. All of my loves all in one space!








Yea, I may have devolved a bit in the end. E kept her cool but I kind of lost it amongst all the crazy coloured hats. I clearly have a career in modelling in the future ... oh wait, that would be E. I will just be the crazy girl in the bloopers. Ah well, those are the ones that people like best anyways :)

No comments:

Post a Comment