Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

Of Home Cooked Meals and Heart Warming Nights

How do I usually spend my Saturdays? In a cafe, studying. I think it's become such a routine at this point that none of my friends even need to ask me about it. And this past Saturday, I was all ready to camp out at my cafe table until late evening ... when my friend Jill swooped in and saved me from the misery of summarizing readings.

I have to say, I'm very easily convinced to give up studying and do something fun. So after (very little) persuading, we set off to have dinner at her house.


Jill's mother was nice enough to cook a delicious (and healthy!) meal for us while we "studied" (a.k.a. did some readings and then blogged). It was absolutely amazing to have a home-cooked meal (adds a little variety to my everyday diet, that's for sure) and it was also great to relax and chat and not think about all the work I have to get done.


Crazy delicious spread of Hot Broth Shrimp, Avocado Salad, White Bean Paste and Carrot Salad with Honey Lime dressing. There were also some fresh tomatoes on the side that I forgot to photograph. Seemingly simple, and yet, so filling and heart-warming.


Of course there were other things to warm up the heart.


Some white table wine. We're not snobby about wine here. I mean, we certainly will not buy a 6$ bottle of wine, but 9$? Totally legit.

Overall, a fantastic evening of good food and conversation (it's just lovely when you have all the same opinions on issues :). Thank you Jill and Diane!

3 comments:

  1. HAHHA love the wine picture!!! looks like a great evening with super yummy food!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious.xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post! Nothing beats a night with fabulous food and great company :) Lovely little blog you have here <3

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete