Pages

Saturday 10 March 2012

Of Fancy Breakfasts

So the main reason for my being in the Chicago area was to visit the campus of Northwestern University. Well, my brain being the bizarre thing that it is, I woke up at 6am (despite crashing, slightly tipsy, at 11:30pm the night before ... 6.5hrs of sleep is NOT my idea of a good night). Waking up in a comfy Queen bed ... at a hotel ... with the sun shining through your windows? Well, it was perfect :)

Of course sleeping is great and all, but the best part of the day is always (and will always be) breakfast.


 
Starting off with coffee of course. The first of many ... (and yes, even though it was brewed coffee, it was delicious - smooth and without that bitter aftertaste that bad brewed coffee has). Cup 1/5.


I wanted to kidnaps these cute jam jars. I love cute tiny things (re: my obsession with travel sized accessories). I love jars. So obviously I spent a good 10 minutes photographing these little jars of jam. I bet the waiters thought I was cray cray.


I had my usual oatmeal, but I swear, everything tastes better when it's fancified. I also bet they didn't make it in the microwave like I do. I keep telling myself that eventually I'll make proper stove-top oats with milk at home, but then I get lazy just thinking about all that work and pop them babies in the microwave with some tap water. I am one classy lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment