Pages

Sunday 18 March 2012

Of Wonderfully Relaxing Weekends

It seems like I'm a weekend warrior when it comes to this blog ... and to life in general. My weeks tick by, slow and uninteresting, and it's up to my weekends to add something spectacular to my life. Of course, most weekends, I'm actually stuck in a cafe, trying to catch up on all the work I didn't manage to get done during the week, so like as not, there's nothing to post about then either.

However, this weekend, I was feeling more adventurous. Or rather - lazy. It's finally sunny around here. This morning, I did a pre-dawn run at Old Port and it was WARM. (I posted about it on facebook and got a ton of responses about the 'predawn' part - but honestly, with the daylight savings time, it was dark even though it was roughly 6:45am when I left the house ...).


  • 6.2 miles in 56:23 minutes, a nice 9:06 pace
Beautiful run, although my toe was feeling sprain-y from miles 4-5 and my calves got super tight at the end. Not sure how I'll run this marathon in May, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
In any case, it was sunny and warm by the time rehearsal finished this morning, and I was not feeling all the work I had to do. So ... I ditched it, plain and simple. Instead, I met up with my friend Jill and we had a lovely sun filled afternoon strolling through Westmount and the Lachine Canal.


Oh and of course I took the opportunity to dress up! Puh-lease - as soon as it's warm enough, my summer dresses are all coming out of hibernation - and I'm not kidding when I say that they constitute roughly half of my entire wardrobe (this also means that during the winter months, I end up wearing the same five long sleeve shirts under the same puffy winter jacket ... fun times).

It was nice to windowshop and stroll around (and I even spotted a nice table lamp I might come back for) and to be NORMAL instead of in student-mode. Although I'm not sure my wallet appreciated being taken out of student mode.

Now we walked a fair lot and I have to say, I have blisters ALL OVER my feet. It's definitely a great idea to wear new-ish sandals on a long walk for the first time in a year (NOT). After we left Jill's neighbourhood, we had to walk a bit through Sketchtown (all the way down Sketchy Street - replete with under-the-bridge-tunnels and hobos and such) but we finally made it to Atwater Market (which is this covered marketplace with lots of stalls with cool food) ... just in time to see it close. Disappointed, we rewarded ourselves with some macarons (which by the way I realized is the food of GODS, because they are amazingly delish!) while sitting by the canal.


The sun, the warm air ... well, I totally zoned out for a bit. All I wanted to do was nap. (Which is precisely what I did once I got home - what, naps at 6pm are TOTALLY legit!). But being that I have to blog about exciting things, we also did a mini photoshoot by the canal as well.

 Two total babes rocking it out!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are wearing your summer dresses already...please please please let it be sunny and warm when I come next month!

    ReplyDelete