Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

Of the Hilton Hotel

I was lucky enough to be housed at the super swanky Hilton Orrington in Evanston during my visit to the United States.


It was ... amaze-balls. I mean, I think my new thing will be to just spend one night a month just sleeping at a swanky hotel back home. Because nothing can compare to the comfort of a clean, turned down and amazingly soft hotel bed.


Or two. I had a double suite but no one to share it with. So I alternated lazing around first on one bed, then the other. Can I just reiterate how amazing these beds are? It's like sleeping on a cloud, with pillows made of more clouds and a cloud covering you as you dream.


The huge desk and the giant TV alternatively made me want to work and not work in equal measure. I particularly loved the giant mirror above the desk - because who doesn't love being distracted by their awesome face every time they look up from their work? (No one, that's who.) I definitely erred heavily on the non-working side, what with the TV and the self-reflection (oh haha, get it?).

And the cherry on top of the ice cream?


A full length mirror. Of the non-fattening variety. If there was any way to stow it in my luggage back to Canada, I would, because man, I need this baby in my life. It might be just a TAD oversize though ...

And this being the Hilton, even the toilets were fancy.


My favorite part? All the little free sample-size toiletries! You can be sure I'll be carrying these lovely little shower thingies and body lotion majiggers home with me. Because who doesn't love free bath extras?


All in all - I was mightily pleased with my accommodations. Man, I guess I have to finally give Paris Hilton a point ... for being the daughter of the guy who owns these ultra faboosh hotels!

No comments:

Post a Comment