Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

Of Happy Accidents

Apparently all the best ideas happen by accident.

I was feeling lazy on Thursday but I knew I had to eat something before taking the taxi to the airport. I WAS going to having an omelette, but I just wasn’t feeling up to scrambling the eggs … you know, whisking and then cleaning the whisk … so I just plopped them onto the pan.

(Yes, I realize my laziness knows no bounds).

Anyways, then I was feeling all undernourished and deprived (and kinda starving), so I dumped half a jar of salsa into the pan as well. Then I sprinkled some rice (maybe 1/8 cup at the most) in there. And then topped it with some cheese. (Because everything is better with cheese, amirite?).

DSCF0847


It. Was. Ah-mazing.

I put it on a bed of lettuce and dug in and it was like having a cheesy mac and cheese, guilt-free. So I’m just putting it out there – apparently laziness is the mother of awesome inventions.

I’ll be improving this recipe (cook for less time; maybe have a different kind of green  - I didn’t like that my lettuce was extremely crunchy; instead of rice, try bits of toasted oatmeal?), and when it’s utter perfection, I’ll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment