Pages

Saturday 29 September 2012

Can we just talk about how shit-tastic some weeks are?

Thursday and Friday this week were absolute shit shows.

I just wanted to slog through and get to the fricking weekend. You know why? (You probably don't want to know, but I'll tell you anyway).

I have had this stupid huge assignment looming over me all week so I spent all day Thursday coding.

No, that's not me. I have long hair. Otherwise, it's pretty accurate.
I even came back to the lab after class to keep working on it. And then I basically ran home, grabbed dinner, ran to the shoe repair place to drop off my new shoes to get adjusted and ran to catch the bus to go to rehearsal.

And this is where the shit show starts. I mean, I was already tired and brain dead and just exhausted by that point. And the bus didn't come. So I had to run to the bank and grab some cash to pay for a taxi.


The rehearsal itself went a bit long (but it was good!), so I only got out at 9:45pm, and for some reason the bus didn't come for another 30 minutes, and by the time I made it home, it was inching closer to 11pm ...

... and that's when I found my favorite part of the day - I lost my keys somewhere! Yay. This is excellent news to find out when its 11 at night and you're locked out. Now thankfully, my roommate let me into our apartment, but I couldn't get into my bedroom.

So I called the super and I waited. And I waited. And then I waited some more. Finally, he showed up an hour and a half later (aka, it's past midnight now and I'm seriously crashing from being up since 7am and running and work and rehearsal and everything).

And the fun part is, I had to wake up early on Friday as well for a meeting. So I woke up (slightly braindead though). Thankfully, my friend covered the meeting, but instead, I got to spend the WHOLE morning (a good 4 hours) running around in the torrential downpour that was Friday trying to find my keys (by visiting every single place I had been the previous night) and then trying to find my super (because of course the phone number he gives us is not a mobile phone) and then trying to get a new set of keys.


Joy.

I then spent the next 4 hours in the lab with wet feet (because hey, the campus is built on a hill so trying to get to the building at the highest point means walking through FLOODING RIVERS for fifteen minutes), trying to finish my assignment.

Flooded lawn in front of my building.

You-can't-see-it-but-it's-flooding.

Oh and as soon as I submitted it, I had to run off to meet E. So basically the first 20 minutes of our meet-up were spent venting, pretty much like you read above.

Okay, now that's off my chest I may actually post about all the fun stuff that happened since :)

No comments:

Post a Comment