Pages

Saturday 8 September 2012

Wherein I do not actually stay in (as is usual)

The FNO excitement of the day before tired me out quite a bit so I was useless at work the next day. I did manage to make the most of my seminar (and it was rather fascinating), but afterwards, I was a hot (spacing-out) mess. I also knew that unless I made plans for the evening, I would be having another Downton Abbey night in fueled by Ben and Jerry's.

A very solid option, I thought.

(Thankfully), my lab buddy Laura invited me out for a night at the movies downtown. And apparently, New York does movies fancy.



Columns and palms and fancy doorways, oh my! And apparently, you are NOT allowed to take photos inside the movie theater. Well, all I have to say to that is ... suck it! 

We watched Premium Rush, which was about as plotless as action movies can get. The only upside is that you get to see quite a bit of the New York scenery and especially the Columbia campus. So that's always fun. Plus the glistening bodies of super buff bikers. Those were also quite appreciated. Oh and we might have spiced up our watching experience a bit ... so fun was had all around.

Afterward, Laura's friend N invited us to her gorgeous townhouse by Lincoln Center, and I have now decided that I need to get on with my townhouse savings fund. I mean, girl had a special pool room!




Now I'll be the first to admit that I am not a pool player. In fact, I count it a good day when I am able to hit a ball (any ball) with the cue stick. But yesterday, I was ballin'! At least 3 balls went into the pockets over the course of 2 games. Personal record right here!


Speaking of balling - so was Laura. She won 'Queen of Amazing Poses' award because she did indeed hit the ball in while perched in this manner. Grand applause was had all around.

Fantastic evening? I think so. Future plan - learn to dominate at pool. Actually, no, wait, first - get a pool table. Wait, no, get a room to hold a pool table, first. Ah, so many plans, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment