Pages

Friday 27 January 2012

Culture Shock: Street Art Edition


So ... it's been a while. I'm not being very cultured. Somehow, I've lost any desire to dress up and go gallery hopping while it's blizzarding outside. But there are some free concerts coming up that I'm going to try to attend, and in the meanwhile, I realized that you don't have to venture very far to enjoy some interesting art.
I snapped these pictures as I was walking home the other day. This is a street mural done on one of the buildings on this cute cobble-stony street where all the restaurants are. And I don't think I've paid much attention to it before, but it's really quite something.

I mean, the colours are harmonious and really soothing and the flow of the whole piece really brings it together. That and the female figures indulging in all sorts of kinky things. I think the one on the bottom right could definitely teach some Kama Sutra classes. Or at least make a career as a really bendy stripper.

No comments:

Post a Comment