Pages

Sunday 8 January 2012

Of Gastronomic Debauchery (Part II)

On my last day in Vancouver, my parents and I continued our gastronomically debaucherous streak by randomly dropping into a restaurant on the way back from our secret morning endeavour (more on that later). Since my dad is a vegan (definitely more on that later), it makes it kind of hard to go out. Because, let's face it - I enjoy nothing more than a good medium rare steak. And tofu just doesn't quite hit the spot in the same way.

But this time, we literally ended up parked across from an Asian Vegetarian restaurant, so I guess it was meant to be.


We had this green soup (supposedly made of spinach and coconut milk and enoki mushrooms) which looked like one of those monstrous health/detox shakes, but was TO DIE FOR. Now, we mistakenly thought it was a normal restaurant, and hence, ordered individual plate(s) of what we wanted. But we forgot the crucial fact about Asian restaurants - they are family-style. Meaning our individual plates were heaped with enough food to feed a third-world country. That cramped our style a bit (but certainly didn't stop us from polishing it all off).

All in all, it was a great meal (I simply ate my weight in mushrooms ... #noregrets). The only thing I had to complain about ....

No comments:

Post a Comment