Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

Of Theatrical Events and Pet Models

So let me preface this by saying that there were times when I thought this was a great idea and times where I was sure I was a dumbass for doing it.

It all started last year, when I signed up to all those couponing sites - SocialShopper, Groupon, Teambuy, etc. I. was. hooked. It's like somebody is suggesting activities for you to do (I have no imagination apparently, as witnessed by my countless nights of staying in and watching TV ... what can I say? I like me some procedural dramas), AND gives you a low price for them. What's not to like?

So when it came time for Christmas season, I may have bought a coupon for my dad. For a pet photoshoot. Which is a great idea in theory, since my Dad loves photography and LOVES my cat. Somehow, it escaped my mind that he we would have to transport the cat to who knows where (cleaning up her poop in car all the while, because she somehow has to go AT THE EXACT moment we drive off), and then somehow keep her calm enough so she doesn't run off while the photographer is taking pictures. Oh and repeat all that on the way back.

My dad, the butcher cat cleaner.

Of course, he had to give her a bath beforehand. The cat's bathtimes are so rare and far between that they have become somewhat of a family event. My dad dresses up in multiple layers (as my cat usually goes insane around water and claws her way up his body like it's tree or something), and my mom and I settle into our special box seats (the bathroom counter and on top of the toilet, respectively) to view the spectacle. This time around it was a lot calmer, but I still ended up with something like 70 pictures of the event on my camera. We are crazy cat people here.

Oh and this was all happening the day before I left for Montreal. Holla for organization. Basically, it went like this: we stuffed the cat into her special backpack (with mesh, so that when Dad takes her on hikes with him, she can see all the bears outside), released her in the car and the poor confused dear decided to sit in her litterbox. Like actually settle down for a nap.

She's not the brightest, but we love her anyway.

Of course, then we started moving and things got interesting. The poor thing was terrified in the car (understandably - the weather was horrible and the traffic forced us to stop and go very abruptly).

Oooh yea, look at our ghetto station wagon with the stitched blue seats. No leather for us ... nope, we're too cool for leather. Give us the quasi velvet/curdoroy and we're good to go.

The whole photography affair was ... a little bit sketchy. The photographer was in some old converted building without heating, and the photos were taken in a tiny back room. And keeping the cat 'photo-ready' (a.k.a. on the actual pedestal and not in some dark corner) was a treat, let me tell you that. But thankfully, the final product turned out to be quite lovely!


Yea, my cat's a beauty. Obviously, she's the best cat ever. Her one flaw (although inexcusable) is that she is wholly in love with my dad, and the rest of us inconsequential humans can just go suck it. And now they are forever joined together in this photographic evidence. Wonderful. My mother and I will just go cry in a corner now.

No comments:

Post a Comment