Pages

Friday 6 January 2012

Of Ugly Mugs and Rollercoasting Magazines

After my horrendous run yesterday morning (alright, slight exaggeration; more like ... icky), the sun decided to rear its ugly mug.

Thanks weather. Thanks a lot. It couldn't be nice and sunny when I was puffing along, could it? No.

To celebrate the momentous occasion of SUN in Vancouver, my mother and I decided to cash in our gift certificates (thanks Tatiana!) and get us some manicures. Plus it was a lovely occasion for mother-daughter bonding time. (Now we ended up bonding in the basement of some Chinese lady's townhouse because she set up her 'studio' in a tiny tiny room by the garage, but no matter).


Despite the ... less that orthodox surroundings, Lisa (the nail technician) did a fabulous job on my poor poor nails (I'm unable to keep them long because I get antsy at the clacking sound they make on hard surfaces ... freak alert). Look at that pretty purple colour!

And while my mother got her nails done (a demure pale pink/gold colour), I settled down with my fave mag.

And duh, of course it's the IKEA 2012 Catalogue. There's nothing like the breathless wait until it arrives in your mailbox, the tingling anticipation as you flip through the few pages, the deep seated contentment at looking at the picture of middle-class bliss - it's emotional rollercoaster ride with the IKEA Catalogue. Reading doesn't get better than this ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment