Pages

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Of My Updated New Food Obsessions

I was going to title this post "Of My New Food Obsessions" but then I realized I'd already had a post like that last week. So needless to say, I go through obsessions pretty quickly. But while eggs are and have been a permanent fixture on my food plan for years now, these two things are new additions.

Kalamata Olives

I was never 'obsessed' with olives before, but I think this new love is on par with my Great Radish Obsession of 2009, during which I ate a bushel of radishes every. single. day. I think what adds to this big love is that I get these olives from a super-sketch grocery store, wherein they're stored in something resembling a garbage bin. I think the danger adds to the excitement. That, or some strange disease from the bins is addling my mind.

And back for a return appearance - Peanut Butter.
I never had PB as a kid, and actually, the first time I tried it I thought it was kinda gross. I mean, it was like eating butter out of a jar. Who eats plain butter? But then my freshman year in university ... boy oh boy. Let's just say, peanut butter definitely became a trigger food. It was exciting, it was foreign (to me at least) ...

 
Nuhuh, peanut butter, I will own YOU, for a wonderful price of 3.99$ for 1kg. A spoonful of PB in my oatmeal every morning is exactly what I need. The foreign-ness and forbidden nature of PB has passed, and now, it's what makes me look forward to breakfast. A LOT. 

I wonder if it's the motivation for me going to bed at 9:30pm for the past couple of night (Grandma Alert! Grandma Alert!). I mean, if I go to bed sooner, I can wake up earlier ... so I can have breakfast earlier (and be productive, all that other unimportant life stuff) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment