Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

Of Getting One's Ass Out the Door, Period.

Given that I don't have the excuse of homework or anything else for that matter right now, I had to face the challenge and get my ass out the door.

Which I did, for a very nice evening run. It was warm(ish) and my spikes kept me going strong, so all in all it was a good run.
  • 4.44 miles in 37:11 - 8:22 pace
I mean, while I was running, I wasn't at all happy; more like, I was thinking why the hell I had signed up for a marathon and how much I hated the act of running fast and how awful it would be not only to run but to train for months and months for the fricking event. Yea, I lost some endurance, could you tell? But I figure, if I can just convince myself to get out the door, it's not like I'm going to quit, so I will get the run in, and who cares if I hate it? It's like child birth - you get it done and then the endorphins take care of the rest (or so I've heard).

Crossing my fingers that this happens.

And to end on a high note:

Picture of a park I ran through during my run. I'm lucky to live in such a beautiful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment