Pages

Saturday 28 January 2012

Of The Return of the Fitness

It was actually as epic as it sounds. After a day that went something like: lab-seminar-study-presentation-sprint up 5 flights of stairs to class-class-lab meeting, I actually managed dragged my ass to the gym. This whole going-once-a-week thing is totally working for me and my lazy side. It's probably not working so well for my marathon-training though ... But I don't have to pay for it until May (although I will most likely regret it come mile 15 ... and 20 ... and 21 through 26.2).


They have this dumb new system now where it's just first-come, first-serve on all the cardio machines. And please respect the 30 minute rule! Uhuh. Right. At least before, you could sign up and then kick someone off if they were past their time. But now, they could just be like, Oh, sorry, I JUST got on.

Now, I shouldn't be complaining, because I totally took advantage of the new system and did a 60 minute treadmill sweat-session. No shame.
  • 10k in 56:30, at a comfy 9:06 pace
And yet, despite the fact that the pace felt easy, and my breathing rate and heart rate never went up, I still ended up being a sweaty monster, looking like I just ran a world-record 10k in +30C weather.


It was the perfect end to the week. Of course, once I was done, I realized that I didn't want to be all sweaty and gross in my normal clothes, so I just trekked home in what I was wearing at the gym.


I am one classy lady.

Oh, and then I collapsed in bed. At 9:30pm. Because I'm cool like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment