Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

Of a Surprise Superhero that Saves my Saturday

Spent ALL Saturday afternoon at a cafe, working like a horse. Or an ox. Basically, like all the farmyard animals combined. By the end, my brain was so fried, I was just taking notes on automatic, writing stuff down but not really retaining anything. Ah well, at least the notes are there for me to review later.

So overall, it was a meh sort of day. But then, superhero Jill swooped in to save the day.With her wine.


Apparently, it's been awhile since I've last had alcohol because that little bit of wine (interspersed with cups of tea) somehow managed to give me quite a headache. Gone are the days when I used to brag about being a heavyweight drinker ... My transformation to grandma is complete.

But seriously, friendtime is SO necessary. It's so easy to get caught up with work and running around like crazy. So I'm glad Jill and I met up to bitch about life and rant (quite coherently, actually) and get things off our chests. And of course quite a bit of fun was had ...

No comments:

Post a Comment