Pages

Thursday 5 January 2012

Of Wild Wind and Manic Photography

I have 2 more days left in mild-weather-land, so I figure, I've got to get in as many runs as possible before I go back to freezing my behind in Montreal. So I got all dressed and out the door without even checking the weather. Because how bad could it be?


Well, technically, it wasn't that bad. If you like running into gale-force winds that is. (Okay fine, they're not technically gale-force, but it sure FELT like it.) Now Richmond is as flat as a pancake (so no hills to hide behind) and I also took the *scenic* route (our version of scenic includes rundown shacks by the dyke, cabbage fields and almost being run off the road by giant trucks) - in any case, this all meant that I was almost running at a standstill for about half the run due to the wind. But then the last half, the wind was at my back and I jolly-ly sprinted home.

Okay, there were some pretty parts too.
 
I admit, I totally run faster and look more intense when there's people around. I see a car driving by and I'm all 'Nike-commercial-ready'. And then when it passes, I go back to plodding along. Whatever, haters gonna hate.

I am also crazy jealous of people with awesome running photos. And by that, I mean the quasi-professional photos of them running and looking all happy and fabulous. My race photos are horrendous because the race photographers somehow manage to catch me at the exact time I hit the wall/cough/collapse in a heap (not attractive poses, if you were wondering). And since I have yet to rope someone into being my personal running photographer (job's open if you are willing to be paid in bad jokes and sarcasm!), I have to make do on my own ... badly.


I'm obviously not going to take a clunky camera with me, but with my iPod, I'm never sure if I hit the button or not, so I end up manically punching the device with my fingers and making weird faces. Also, I can never capture more than my head anyway; now it's of course the best looking head ever, but I have WAY too many 'this-is-my-head-running' or 'this-is-my-head-after-a-run' photos. What I need are some epic, moving, 'this-is-me-hauling-my-ass-up-a-giant-hill' photos or 'this-is-me-looking-like-a-supermodel-running-photos' (although we might have to use Photoshop for the last one ...

... A lot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment