Pages

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Of Social Lives and Egg-Related Fights

So let's just say that when midterms/finals/assignments/life roll around, my version of socializing is sitting and working in a cafe that is full of people. I mean, I'm near people, right? So that's almost the same as actually socializing. My new idea is to bank some socializing time. Basically, the plan is to hang out with a lot of people now, so that when I'm a hermit later, my 'average amount of time spent with other people' isn't embarrassingly low.

Yea, I'm cool like that.

But in the spirit of seeing old friends and reconnecting after the Christmas break, my friend Jill and I hit up our favorite diner for the breakfast special.


I love breakfast. It is the BEST meal of the day. I will fight you over eggs. I'm serious. Breakfast is the only thing that makes me a decent person to be around. Also, hating all of my classes this semester is very exhausting, so of course I need to refuel.

And since that's about the most noteworthy thing I did yesterday, I figure I'll round this post off by complaining about the weather.

Why is it that when the Weather Network tells me it's -8C and windy, and I dress in my warm coat and hurry off to campus, I arrive a big sweaty mess (and let me tell you - sweaty puffy coats aren't pleasant!)? And yet, when I leave campus and it's supposedly 'only' 0C, I'm freezing all the way home? What is this madness?

I also get cold allergies when it's too cold or when the temperature changes. So why I chose to live in a city that's as temperamental as Britney Spears (during her shaved-head stage) and freezing cold pretty much 6 months out of 12 is beyond me.

I probably made that decision on an empty stomach, before the eggs knocked some sense into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment